Mini-Squall

At 6:00am it had all the makings of a fine day, the kind you dream about in October, but you never know when you’re offshore. A patch of dark clouds was gathering through the morning haze and we were heading right towards it. Half way to the pots, the wind picked up and the first drops began to fall. Rule No.1: keep your neck warm - so I grabbed my Gabriel sweater. You know, the one that goes right up to my ears. The one I never take off the boat.

By the 20 mile marker, it was a damn mini-squall. The sky darkened again, the rain rolling in like sheets and we went for the foul weather gear. Did I mention the wind, I guess I did. I threw on my Deadwool slicker. Yeah it’s covered in grease from the engines; it’s not a fashion show out there. It keeps my hands free and the rain off my back, that’s what matters! Anyway, we got our pots in though, cause that’s what we do...

Clothing from Mens Dept in this post includes the DeadWool raincoat and Gabriel’s sweater. The skin is from Mens Dept as well so go check out the round (ends Oct 31) - there is awesome stuff there. Also some cool new releases from Fashion Emergency and great grungy jeans that I used throughout the post from American Bazaar.
Setting Out (6:00am)
The Wind Rises
Mini Squall at the Marker
Back on Land



 Location: Plage des Graniers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics